The standard routing of fuel feed lines to the engine are deemed by many as not being as efficient as possible on the majority of Impreza models (especially where power gains are required and a fast and reliable fuel supply becomes even more critical). From factory the fuel system delivers fuel to each injector in a row, passing by each cylinder one at a time. Ultimately this means that the final cylinder is usually waiting longer to receive fuel that the three before it which many believe can cause the cylinder bank to run lean. A far more effective system is to run a separate fuel feed to each injector rail which guarantees each injector to have an equal share of the fuel being delivered by the fuel pump. To be able to do this the factory fuel rails must be removed and replacements offered that enable new fuel lines to be installed.
Bachler Racing fuel rails have been specifically developed for this purpose, not only do they offer the ability to connect aeroquip hose and fittings to each end (therefore forming a new fuel feed line) but they also offer a much larger capacity for fuel storage above the feed into the injector. With limitless possibilities of fittings available for each end of the fuel rails this also offers flexibilty where space is comprimised when installing rotated turbo kits.
In addition Bachler Racing fuel rails are also designed to convert your vehicle from its traditional side feed injector to a top feed injector (found on later models registered 2001+). Side feed injectors are now increasingly hard to find in larger sizes and are usually much more expensive than the top feed equivalents. Using these fuel rails enables you to fit either the higher flowing “pink injectors” found on 2001+ STI models, or alternatively aftermarket high performance injectors such as “injector dynamics”.
Manufactured from 6061 aluminium extrusion the fuel rail tubes are then extensively machined to reduced weight and offer the highest possible finish. All of their fuel rail brackets are then produced on a 5 axis CNC before being highly polished and anodised black.
Fits the following models:
• All early impreza turbos from 1992-1996 (known as Version 1 and version 2) both UK and JDM specification.
• All early Impreza turbos from 1999-2000 (known as Version 5 and version 6) both UK and JDM specification.
• Also fits the following ltd edition models: P1, RB5, MCRae, Catalunya.
• “Versions” can be identified by the location of the coil packs on the engine. Version 1 & 2 models have coil packs located over the four spark plugs. Version 5 and 6 models have one coil pack which is off set to one side on top of the inlet manifold.
• Please note: these fuel rails will not fit Version 3 & 4 model Imprezas where the coil pack is a single unit mounted almost central on the top of the inlet manifold.
If you are unsure in anyway then please contact us.